Tuesday, June 12, 2012

library

The kids are so excited to read. And I think they really get tired of the books that we have copied and put together to send home everyday to read…so I asked the second grade if they would like to go to the library to check out a book for a week. and the answer was a resounding YES! So we went to the office to find books that would hopefully be on their level or a little above but as I didn’t do the prep work they could get pretty much anything they liked…we talked about taking care of the books and bringing them back in a week. the next Wednesday 7 of the 10 brought back their books and got to find new ones. Some of them said the books they chose were too hard and they would ask me if the one they picked might be better…so I think we are getting a better grip on what they should take out and what they will enjoy. Great day in class…even had time to finish some puzzles and now it is midterm break! Thursday thru Monday off!! No big travel plans but I will be busy…

No comments:

Post a Comment