Tuesday, January 31, 2012

mtn scenes


The last couple of times I’ve started up the mountain the weather hasn’t really cooperated. Rainy season will do that. But on Wednesday the sun came out so Ute and I decided to go up in the afternoon. Of course at the time we’d picked the sun started to hide behind some clouds but that’s ok…but the humidity spiked. My goodness…just walking out of the cottage we were dripping. But on we went…out of breath by the time we reached the bottom of the mountain. We made it to picture rock and decided that was far enough…sat with our view over the valley and enjoyed.

Friday morning I decided to go up again. So off at 6 and it was cloudy but I felt confident (haha) that the sun would come out and burn off the clouds…I made it to the mountain hut at 7 in time to sit, take a picture and then it started raining…pouring…windy…cold. Lucky for me there were two Malawian women staying in the hut that night and they invited me inside. Many Malawians use the mountain and the hut for prayers—fasting and praying and getting away. This is what these two were doing and they went into their separate areas and I wasn’t in the way…got to watch the rain and clouds through the window and take some time for myself to think things through and pray. It was a special time. I’d brought my journal and 2 cards that I wanted to write but kept putting off. No more time to put them off and as I finished the rain let up…seemed a bit ordained…headed back down feeling refreshed and peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We got your card 2/6/2012! Thanks so much! Hope you are well. You dated the note 12/2 and the postmark was 12/15. Either way it's a long way from Lilongwe!

    ReplyDelete