Sunday, November 28, 2010

Go fish

In my family we grew up playing card games and we all know how to shuffle. Here I gt told that I’ve obviously dealt in Vegas with my “skills.” But it did mean that I was able to understand some game that was in the math curriculum for addition…and cards are a huge hit in class. so now we play the add to ten game (use only A-9) and you can only play if your card adds to 10 with the one that is already down. (start with A, 2, 3, 4, 5 in the middle) and take a card if you can’t play. Game 2 is Go Fish! Which teaches pairs and adding doubles (in order to put your pair down you must add the cards). The third one I taught was War (though I didn’t call it anything)…whoever has the greater number must add the cards together (take out face cards) to put them in their stack. We play go fish almost daily and the others get thrown in when there is time…

No comments:

Post a Comment