Sunday, November 7, 2010

creativity

I found some notebooks that are blank on the top and lined on the bottom. Perfect for drawing and then writing about the drawing. When I found them I thought they were great but didn’t know what we were going to put in them…one of the other teachers asked if we use them for weekend updates. No, but what is that? Because we might. She said that on Mondays you ask what they did over the weekend. And so we started. After our math lesson we did our weekend. Pictures of playing and going to people’s houses. Cute. Then on Wednesday I gave a sheet with a drawing on it of a person sitting at a table so we drew foods we like on the platters and then wrote about it. sausages, rice (rayce), cece (cake), and more. Then Friday (as we were going on holiday) I started the sentence: Tommorow I want to…play with (insert name here) was a common sentence. I hope this will get more elaborate as time goes on. Esther asked what it was and where I got the sentence beginnings and seemed worried when I told her that I made them up.

2 comments:

  1. got me laughing here...

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter went to a Montessori school for elementary school and they used that type of notebook all the time for English and Social Studies. They would draw a picture to go with every story they wrote and they would draw maps to go with geography lessons.
    Julie S.

    ReplyDelete