Saturday, October 9, 2010

new teacher

Our new first/second grade teacher was supposed to start Oct 1 but we didn’t see him on Friday which wasn’t too surprising. But when called over the weekend he said he was waiting on his last pay check from his job—if he didn’t he probably wouldn’t get it and so that is also understandable. But that meant that Monday I had the two classes and I was not looking forward to that as I had it in my head that I was done with that. But when I arrived at school there was someone coming out of the first grade class and I just knew. Teacher Gift had arrived. I was relieved and yet the day was still chaos as he didn’t know what was going on. I split my time in the first and second grade but was able to leave without the fear that the whole class would be destroyed. Each class did the work that was for Monday so it seemed to be a success even through the chaos. I think I’ll be keeping the second grade while I’m here and definitely until Gift sets up and gets the first grade routine. Then we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment