Saturday, October 9, 2010

all 2nd grade

For the past two weeks I’ve had to only do the second grade class. amazing…and a little less stressful and chaotic than having both classes. (little would be the wrong word for that). First off the Ter Haar’s bus (family vehicle) broke down and so they couldn’t drive the kids to school…sad for the other family who then had to drive each day, but it meant that Willeke was at school with the first grade on that Monday! And we had 3 volunteers from Canada who came to help and were able to do lots of individual work with the kids who need that attention and English intensive learning. Then Friday the 3 women took the first grade class—they even did our combined bible story! I think the spelling tests went much better this time around. And I had more time to read with the kids. But at least when I had both classes I was ready for the chaos and extra energy. With only 5 I thought it would be easier and calmer but it was still a Friday. The next week was good. Found that I was a bit less short with them. I don’t know if they really notice it but I did and always really appreciate any help I can get. And feel much better about what I’m doing when I feel that I work with them instead of at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment