Sunday, September 19, 2010

friday

I was on my own again with the 19…all of the second grade homework came in to me. Some of the first grade did…but it is only week 1 so we’ll try again next week. The second grade work was pretty good too. As was (I think) the first that came in. spelling test was the first order of business. Trying to do 2 classes in one room and at the same time could work in many other circumstances but here—not so much. Concrete echoes and kids whose English isn’t up to differentiating which class I’m talking to makes for some very confused children and papers. One of my second graders had numbers 3-5 as the first grade words. Most of the first graders didn’t get what they were supposed to be doing in that I handed them a paper numbered one to five and then said #1. in, sounded it out, tried to get them to write it…many of them just wrote 1 1 1 (which is what they had been doing on their math sheets so they were in a way doing something correctly). So the spelling test is going to have to be rethought…

No comments:

Post a Comment