Saturday, July 10, 2010

stuck

The world cup frenzy is everywhere. Everyday the kids play soccer during break (many of them do anyway). Last week two guys who were cycling around Africa came by and they got to go out for an extra 15 minutes to play soccer with them. The kids were so excited (could just be the extra 15 minutes outside as well). They still love the playground and swings as well. They are learning to pump and swing themselves which is wonderful because I don’t have enough arms or energy to push them all. one of my kids was climbing on these bars that go up in a triangle shape and the kids can climb up and down or over or hang under them (so many options). I look out and he is crying/screaming. Not much new here so I watch him, see him dangling, and then I realize that he is stuck. I didn’t see him get there so I wasn’t sure what happened but his head was above the top two bars and body below. I walk over to help. He is yelling and crying and first I have to calm him down so that he can hear what I’m trying to tell him. I thought he’s come up from the inside and couldn’t get his head back because his ears were sticking out—so I told him to look down and try to get through…no, his head wouldn’t fit. Ok we’ll go up. Well he just barely made it that way and started screaming again as soon as it was a tight fit. But we made it out and he stayed with me the rest of break and the rest of the morning. I couldn’t put him down.

Came back after the weekend and he did it again. he knew what he was doing because he looked at me and pretended for a little while before he did it and then he actually did get stuck again. I laughed, helped him back out. This time he wasn’t quite as traumatized but still stuck close.

No comments:

Post a Comment