Sunday, July 25, 2010

lake weekend

Back to the lake. This time to cape maclear which is new for me. Each time we planned to go in the past I got sick just before the weekend. Easy time there but after 3 hours in the car I was very glad to be at the lake. First things first—set up tents so we don’t have to think about it later. Found a great big tree that would shelter our 3 tents and went to work. Not hard to put up pop-ups but some are decidedly more complicated than others. As the one we borrowed was. Put the fly up first and then place the tent inside and clip it up…not rocket science but still. Just after we’d finished the guy from reception came over and asked us/told us we needed to move it as it was in the way of the driveway into the camp ground. Can’t they go around the other way (there were not many people here at all). I put it down to a communication problem that he wouldn’t let us stay…so we did move. That’s good. That’s good. A minute later he came back and told us to move one of our other tents…decidedly easier (2 cross poles that cover the whole thing) but still the principle of the thing. If you’re going to have certain places to put tents tell someone before they put up their tent. I continued muttering under my breath until I could run into the lake which washed all my contrariness away (as did the drink I had when I emerged from the lake). Sat on the beach and relaxed the rest of the weekend. Evidently a needed break as I arrived and realized that while packing I had not brought my Frisbee, ipod, book, brush…but I did have my swim suit and sleeping bag…glad I remembered the essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment