Sunday, May 23, 2010

monday monsters

Oh my goodness. They were so wild. Two of the guesthouse people came to visit and see the school. They didn’t stay too long because they were sure they were the ones being the disruption. I wish it had been them as then things could have calmed down after they left but no…it continued all morning. We did get some addition in there counting balls and adding groups together but that was the extent of what I could do. They were loud and running everywhere…my head was ringing when we left and the headache continued through most of the afternoon.

The rest of the week was ok. So I guess that 1 out of 5 isn’t too bad. Tuesday was very calm in school. I don’t know if it was a breakfast change or if Monday wore them out as much as it did me but they sat and listened and were little angels…almost like Monday was just a bad dream. (I’m willing to look at it that way).

Wednesday afternoon a group from the Presbytery of Western NC arrived. They will be here for 10 days (I think) and will be working on various projects at the hospital, school, and outlying clinics. Good group. They came into school on Thursday (many are or were teachers) and the kids continued to be angels…I don’t know what the difference was…well, until the cameras came out and then there were my usual showboats but what can you do? It was a very nice morning and I’m more than happy to have them back for the rest of their stay (and the year). It is nice to have 6 extra hands in the classroom.

Friday was the last day of term. Nothing too exciting happened until the last 10 minutes when the group arrived with balloon animals for the kids…which they received on their way out the door. See you in 2 weeks! (bet they didn’t understand that one) (but I also didn’t get a see you tomorrow—actually I was pretty ignored after the balloon animals)

No comments:

Post a Comment