Saturday, May 8, 2010

lake

The lake was nice…lots of wind (which is why Nkhoma was having such bad weather last week we were told) and therefore lots of waves. It looked and sounded like we were at the ocean! But the water was “fresh” and I didn’t float very easily but then the lake is quite shallow so there wasn’t much need. Sunny and relaxing it was very nice to just hang out with the girls. The camping area was very nice and we set up our three tents on the grass…as it turned out this was the wrong thing to do as there were ants everywhere…I thought we had set up away from all the anthills but evidently I was mistaken. I woke up to ant bites and just kept swatting. Finally at 4:30 I turned a flashlight on next to my head and saw that my sleeping bag was teeming with them. Up I got and went to sit on the beach to watch the sunrise and get away from that (I wasn’t going to sleep anymore anyway after seeing that.). beautiful sunrise—great way to start the day. More relaxing and we “Doomed” our tent (bug killer) twice before getting in again Sunday night…woke up at 11 to more bites so doomed again and while it was better than before they were still around. Slept some but decided to get up for sunrise again as napping on the beach would be more restful than this…

No comments:

Post a Comment