Sunday, October 16, 2022

Moments

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Z7-f1iwQdyJHV6t-9oj4kY6uaWNjylBs
‘Thank you for the gift of life since water is life. And please when you go back thank all those at home who helped us. Let them know that we are grateful. But also tell them that there is more need out here. Our neighbors still need help. Please continue to mobilize resources.’ 
When I first heard this I thought ‘seriously aren’t we doing enough?!? Why are you always asking for more? You just got clean water.’ And then it hit me. Yes they are asking for more. But not for themselves. For others, for neighbors, for those who need it and can’t ask for themselves. Wells are $450. It makes an immediate difference. If you’d like to donate any amount (all undesignated gifts go to wells and not overhead) click here
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LZDjPa_a_H5CjC9Nwp2AvoujISJbtB9v
(Bridge we decided to go around)
Another village said they were so happy to get the well but that when they were told an azungu (foreigner) would be coming they were a little anxious. Now that I’m here they see that I’m a Christian and also that the well is giving glory to God without restriction. That the well and the water in it has no denomination and is good for all! They gave me a chicken in thanks. I let them know that the azungu thanked them. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1g2BGJZFAXVQUbcvvSp2m3WVVgEfqVUJh
 I arrived in a village and was getting out of the truck, making sure I had the keys and the android and had some water. I could hear the women singing at the well sight (not too far but out of sight for the moment) a girl about 11 years old was crossing the street and she caught my eye. With a big smile on her face she started dancing to the music. And then so did I. I didn’t think her smile could get bigger as we continued on to the well site to celebrate with the others. That moment of dancing ‘alone together’ in the middle of the road is one that I’ll cherish. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15C03ubIHwAgMUAqfFntd7qhlanNJUJfA
Lunch break Medson, Wilfred and I

No comments:

Post a Comment