Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy Season

I think that rainy season has officially begun. Though it hasn’t rained for the last 2 days I think it rained every day before that for at least 2 weeks…This hasn’t been a big problem as it is usually in the evening or at night. I should say isn’t a problem for us as our roofs are mostly water tight unlike those living around us. It doesn’t usually rain for very long, sometimes only 15 minutes but often it is a deluge for that 15 minutes resulting in pools and puddles everywhere…in the roads, in the courtyard, in yards, etc. Last the rain was coming earlier than normal (so far it came after dinner and before bed). It rained from before dinner and with the winds blowing our al fresco dining was a wet affair though still full of smiles and laughter.  The winds have been blowing as well…I love it! It keeps the air moving and things just that much cooler. However, one night the wind was blowing in a different direction when the skies opened. This rain lasted longer as well and the hallway in front of my room and my room flooded…it was kind of entertaining to watch and was slow enough that I was able to move things out of the way as it took over most of my floor. Everyone claimed this was the first time that they’d seen this room flood…I don’t know whether I believe that really but ok…talking about putting drains in the hallway (there is one but has been blocked with concrete) and possibly building a little threshold (but they are afraid I might trip over it since it would be new).

No comments:

Post a Comment