Monday, June 3, 2013

Online sermons

I have to admit that there are Sundays that I just can’t get myself out of bed and into church. Church here at Terre Noire starts at 6 am, but even more than that I find it very difficult to understand the services. They are a mixture of French and Creole and projected over a sound system that I’m pretty sure is turned up as high as it will go whether that is the best way to listen to it or not. And sometimes the preachers shout which only makes it worse. The acoustics in a concrete box with a tin roof don’t help either. But now I feel that I’m just making excuses and in part I am. Sorry. But there are some Sundays when it is just the time that I can’t handle and I tell myself that I can go to the next service…but by the time that service rolls around (9 am) it is really hot and I’ve talked myself out of it with the reasons above.
So I’ve taken to reading sermons online or listening to ones that have been posted. Some are from churches or preachers that I know and others are from the big televised ones. I usually go in pretty skeptical if it is from a big name or website but usually I’m able to get something out of it. I’ve listened to one reminding us that encouragement is something that we need to consciously do to those around us and it will help us grow (sounds so simple and common sense but still sometimes those are the best ones).  Thanks to all those preachers who post.

Oh yeah…and sometimes I even do both (go to church and listen to something I might understand)

Current Repatriate Church
Rebuilding the structure that was destroyed in the earthquake 3+ years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment