Friday, March 8, 2013

La Reserve

Thanks to a long time friend of HOM, Bill, who has been here for the last month (He’s been coming down for many years.), I have found an escape. Bill came down to get the second school building at our Repatriate compound started so that it will be ready by the beginning of the next school year. He took some of us to the restaurant/hotel/escape called La Reserve. It is in Petionville which is a richer part of Port au Prince as you head up the surrounding mountains. Driving up on the main road, you turn off and into their walled premises and it is like you’ve just been transported into a tropical forest, trees all around, vines hanging down and the temperature is cooler as soon as you get out of your car. Climb some stairs to the patio where there are many different seating areas (with cushions!*). Chilled background music and no rush. Bill knows the head waiter (I think that is who it was). We sat down and ordered our drinks and chatted for a while. Then we moved to our table and got some pretty good food. It was so nice to be out and in a different place. I just wish it were a bit closer to where I’m staying because I’m not sure I’ll be getting there very easily once Bill leaves…(sorry no pics of la reserve) This is me, Katie and Patty at the beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment