Saturday, November 21, 2009

down home

So I just found out that someone stole a check from my checkbook out of my purse and cashed it for $800.90. as I don’t write checks often (but I do keep records) I feel fortunate that I found this out. But it has given me more to do…having to close accounts, file reports with the bank and the police and it gives me no end of wondering what will happen or who did it or when. The possibilities are pretty endless I feel as it was over 2 weeks ago that it happened. So if anyone knows a Robin Boynton let me know—I’m on the lookout.

On another note, I’ve gotten two part time jobs…one is typing a history for an elderly friend of the family who wants to get down the stories of her grandmother for the younger generations. So far we have 19 pages of stories and pictures scanned in for the report. Every time I think we’re through she calls and says we’ve forgotten something (how can I forget something? I didn’t know her in the first place). Very interesting though. The second is waiting tables at a small diner here in black mountain. Philly’s is small restaurant and emma and I are splitting the job (if you can really call it that). We work lunches as last week the owner/chef had some really busy days and felt the need for help. Since we’ve been there we haven’t really seen it. So far we’ve not really made money but I guess it is more than we would make sitting at home or even looking for jobs…sometimes joked that we seem to be volunteering at the restaurant, but we do get good lunches out of the deal…I’d highly recommend checking it out if you’re around.

update on my fundraising: $2000 out of the $7000 goal

original fundraising ideas

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessi,
    Yikes, what an experience with the check! I'm glad you noticed it in time. So you're off on December 26th! Are you flying out of Atlanta? Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip. All of us here in Idaho will be thinking of you!

    Love,

    Allene

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm flying out of charlotte...to dulles (d.c.) and then to south africa. thanks for the good wishes, thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete