Saturday, February 12, 2022

hiking

 I've been out.  Everyday I've gotten outside. Sometimes I just walk around the neighborhoods. To the community parks in the area. Along the roads. Other times I get in my car and drive to Franklin Mountain State Park or Ascarate Park or Rio Bosque Wetlands. The sky is so big here. And usually blue (we've had a couple of cloudy days). We even had snow! It was light and fluffy. It is such a dry place that even in the cold, if I'm in the sun and the wind isn't blowing I warm up quickly. 
It feels like there is so much space...and then there is the wall. It feels so confining. My chest contracts. Borders are all human constructs...


Ascarate Park-the water is recycled. The park is right next to the Wall.
Sugarloaf Summit
Rio Bosque Wetland (also recycled water)
Franklin Mtn State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment