Saturday, January 29, 2022

Franklin Mtns State Park

 I had my first overnight the Tuesday after my arrival.  That means I sleep in a little room downstairs in the dormitorio in case there is an emergency in the night.  Guests can come for OTC meds (tylenol, cold meds, etc) or if someone is pregnant and needs an ambulance, etc...Luckily it was a quiet night.  We had one late night arrival whom I welcomed and got settled and then I got some pretty good sleep...well, good enough for feeling like I might not know what was going on.  Then came my first day off.

I wanted to hike, to get outdoors. Working in a warehouse is different. I'm used to being outside or at least having windows! So each day after shift I head outside for a walk. But today I had the day. So I went to the state park.  Franklin Mountains State Park has lots of trails. Of course I had one picked out, but when I went in the park office to pay and ask for suggestions, I went with what he told me.  I started with Aztec Caves and then connected it to a pass, Mundy's Gap and then down past West Cottonwood Spring (he warned me that it wasn't a waterfall...more of a mud puddle). It was great. Then I set up my hammock chair in a picnic shelter and read and relaxed until it was too cold to stay any longer (when the sun starts going down the temperature follows!)

picnic shelter view
from Mundy's Gap
Aztec Caves



West Cottonwood Spring


No comments:

Post a Comment