Monday, October 8, 2018

Leaving TZ ~ 410 wells

Thursday was a half day of work as we were gathering back together to eat and prepare to head back to Malawi. My field officer said that we were aiming for 9 wells but would turn back at 2 to have time to leave. We had some longer walks to get to wells and we did the first 6 with relative ease. Number 7 was a bit of a hike and we weren't able to install which was too bad, but they were assured they would be the first well installed on team 2. It was about 2:30 and I thought 6 out of 9 wasn't too bad and said so. "No, no. The last 2 are very close together." I wilted at that point. But on we went. When we arrived, the people were there. It was a very populated areas that already had 2 wells from last year and they were being used! I could see the 2 were going to install (very close) and the energy I found from those people was exactly what I needed. It was refreshing and renewing and just beautiful! The last 2 wells were what I needed.

We started the 2 day trip back down to Malawi (Lilongwe) to meet up with the whole volunteer crew. We had a music memory stick in the truck that is a bit like an iPod shuffle with lots to music on it of all kinds. We had a Christmas sing along for about 40 minutes, Dolly Parton, Bryan Adams, NSync, and so much more. (If you haven't heard Dolly sing I Will Always Love You, you should- and I now have over 25 times - and I sang to every one of them!)

Final Well Count for Team 1: 1203 completed (out of 2900)

Not all have been funded... $400 or any part thereof goes directly to fund clean water... www.mmmwater.org ...

Here comes team 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment