Sunday, September 17, 2017

Malawi!!!

I'm back!!!  The flight from Scotland to Malawi was smooth and uneventful. Isabelle was waiting for me at the airport, I just had to get thru customs. Not much of a problem as I had all my papers ready to get my visa. The crush of people around the baggage claim made me unable to get to my bag the first time around...

(PSA: if everyone at every airport would stand 3 feet back from the conveyer belt and only move forward when they see their bag, things would be much smoother!)

Isabelle and I headed for the lake! We arrived at Cool Runnings and spent a lovely weekend! One day of wind and waves and a morning of glassy smooth water, lots of sun. Also very hazy! The water in the lake is lower than normal as the rains didn't fill the rivers that feed it. Not a good sign!

We left Sunday for the airport to drop me with the first team for Marion Medical Mission arriving just as they exited to load up the trucks and head to Mponela for training!

No comments:

Post a Comment