Thursday, August 24, 2017

Scotland!!!

My sister and I are exploring Scotland for about 3 weeks. We've come over and for the first week we stayed with our family friends the Andersons just outside of Glasgow. They have been here for a month and we swooped in for the last week of their stay.

The accents are difficult to understand -- they speak so quickly with different vocabulary and lilt to what we are used to -- but the spirit if being helpful (and repeating themselves) is always there. One woman walked outside into the rain to better point where we should continue!

The weather has been amazing! So much talk of the terrible rains (right before we arrived I guess). It is cloudy and often drizzles but we've seen some sun and the weather hasn't kept us from anything. I've only pulled out and worn my poncho once! (Though I carry it almost everywhere)

Public transport is very good though we don't have to use it much.  The house is a block from the Bishopton rail station and when we have more than 5 people for an activity we meet them at the other end and it worked wonderfully most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment