Thursday, February 11, 2010

another week

So it took 4 days to get over being sore. That is horrendous. Didn’t think I was that out of shape. And then on the other hand I guess I’m not too surprised. Evidently keeping up with 5 year olds for 5 hours and walking to the market are not enough exercise to keep fit. The week was a good one. Felt like I was getting my feet under me. Got a new chalk board. Oh the perks of being me. But it was very needed. The kids couldn’t see what I had written on the old board as it was so rough that the eraser didn’t really work. And this board moves up and down so that I can lower it and have the kids write on it. Friday I brought out the dolls that have been loving made and sent over to help the kids learn colors. Each kid got one as they came into class and we played matching games and all sorts. Then we drew our dolls and colored them in giving the faces and clothes. Our other favorite activity is facial expressions. I have some cutouts of different faces-happy face, sad face, angry face, confused face, thinking face. They love the pictures and acting them out. Chapel time was at 11:30. all the kids gathered in my room and recited bible verses (they know quite a few) and songs. I thought it was very adorable and something we would need to work on throughout the week as my kids didn’t know the verses quite as well as the others (excuse: I didn’t know what verses to work on as we need to do the ones they know before going on to new ones)…lots of jumping around during the singing which was fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment