Monday, September 30, 2024

Singing and dancing

My home community is hurting.  Helene hit hard. They have been without power, water and phone service for 3 days. It is hard to be so far away right now but I know that there are people there to help and there is not much I’d be able to do that someone else can’t. And so I’m in the place where I’m getting work done and if I can’t be there with them, I’m glad I’m here doing this mission. 

Water is life. Here we have clean water. At home water has been the destruction.  Help where you can. If you feel led, MMM can install and maintain a well for a village for $475.  Red Cross and Black Mountain Presbyterian Church (memo hurricane relief) are helping the communities impacted by Helene.

 



2 comments:

  1. Worried about your mom, dad, and sister….have they been in touch? Are they ok? Love seeing what you are accomplishing in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard from them. They are ok. Power came back for my parents yesterday.

    ReplyDelete