Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Arrival

I left home in the US on Saturday at 6:30am (Charlotte, New York, Nairobi, Lilongwe) Almost exactly 24 hours later I landed in Malawi (1:30pm). The flights were pretty full. I watched 5 movies and slept a little. The last jump was 1.5 hours of turbulence out of 2 hours.  Normally I’m the last one to arrive but today I was first which meant another 2 hours hanging out in the airport. But I was in good company with Tom Logan (founder of MMM) and Mr Khosa (coordinator of MMM). We ate some food and awaited the 11 other volunteers on the next flight. 

Luggage accounted for and loaded into 5 trucks and headed the hour north to Mponela and our hotel for nights 1&2. There is construction on the road and the bumps and slow downs are legion. (Especially when I was ‘overhydrated’). But we are all here- 20 American volunteers for team 1 and our fearless African leaders. 


Here’s a look at the hotel accommodation. 





2 comments:

  1. Prayers continue. I can't imagine 1.5 hours of turbulence...

    ReplyDelete