We’ve arrived! 13 American volunteers to be divided into 5 pairs to go out in 7 trucks on Tuesday and start installing wells.
![]() |
| I’m not here as I arrived 2 hours later… |
Tom, Doug and Jim came in a week early to help the African staff get everything ‘ready’. I helped with this last year and found most of it already done but it is always good to get more eyes on it. Checking trucks, looking at plans on where to send volunteers, planning for the unexpected, prepping tool boxes, calling to see how many wells are ready in the different areas, etc.
During training we started with a devo I the Good Samaritan. Looking at taking care of others. Being the one who helps. That is why we’re here.
We were given our money. For $1 the exchange into Malawi Kwacha is 1,930. It is quite a stack of money. Discussion on when to use personal money (lodging, dinner, speeding ticket) vs Marion money (fuel, repairs).
We got phones and went over data collection at the wells, dedication service, tools in the tool box, truck highlights and then the first drive to reorient ourselves to driving on the left side of the road.
Jamie and I are excited to be staying in Nkhoma Synod (central Malawi) to start our installations. We’ll be off early tomorrow morning!
Any amount small or large will help to fund this life giving gift. For $500 (an entire well) you will get a picture of the well and some of the villagers that you have sponsored. To donate go to mmmwater.org




No comments:
Post a Comment